A Critical Component In The Longevity Of Your Kiln!
The Vent-Sure automatic kiln vent helps prevent corrosion on the inside and outside of your kiln. It ensures that your kiln gets the longest possible life from your elements and electrical components. This is so important that, if you do not have a Vent-Sure installed on your kiln, the pro-rated element warranty is in a different category.
- The vent blower motor is normally mounted with the 12" outlet protruding through the wall.
- This keeps the heat of the kiln away from the motor (for long motor life) and keeps the motor vibration away from the kiln (which can cause ware to move, damage to the kiln, and misfiring of cones on a Kiln Sitter - if you have one).
Vacuum Is Safer Than Pressure
- The vent tubing is kept under vacuum instead of pressure.
- This insures that any leak in the tubing does not blow noxious fumes into your room.
External Venting Is Better
- External venting is safer and surer than venting to the inside of your kiln room (even with a filter).
- The blower vents up to 130 CFM (cubic feet per minute).
- This will handle up to a 20 cubic foot kiln (and usually larger). More than one vent can be attached to a kiln.
Minimal Electrical Power Needed
- The motor only pulls 1.37 amps.
Six Foot Power Cord With On/Off Switch
- The blower motor features a 6 foot long 120 volt 15 amp power cord. An On/Off switch is located on the cord.
- 240 volt models are available.
Adjustable Vent Control
- A vacuum bypass on the kiln bypass/collection box adjusts the amount of venting from the system.
- Don’t waste heat and energy by venting more than you need.
- Adjust vent to kiln size.
15 Feet Of Flexible Aluminum Duct
- 15 feet of flexible expandable aluminum 3" diameter duct is included along with necessary hose clamps.
- Longer lengths or lengths of 3" stove pipe can be used as well.
- Length can be as great as 60 feet horizontal or vertical with up to four 90 degree bends.
Three Year Limited Warranty
- Because of our unique wall-mount fan we rarely replace fan motors.
MET Listed To UL499 Standards
- The VENT-SURE Model VS-1 is c-MET-us listed for use with all c-MET-us listed L&L kilns. It is MET-us listed for all MET-us listed L&L kilns.
Optional Multi-Mounting Bracket
- A special Multi-mounting bracket (M-V-MULT/00) is available to mount the vent motor on the floor or point the outlet vertically for ceiling installations.
Optional Vent Doubler
You can get a Vent Doubler option (M-V-VENT/DB) which allow you to vent two kilns that are each up to 10 cubic feet.
Optional Vent Controller To Turn Vent On And Off With DynaTrol
- The Vent Control will allow you to program the vent motor to turn on and off during the firing cycle.
Vent-Sure for 220-240 Volts (Usually non-USA)
This is the complete 220-240 volt Vent-Sure System. These are typically used in non-US installations such as in Europe.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- One wall-mounted blower mounted on a bracket with a 12" long vent pipe to go through outside wall
- One Motor Inlet Duct
- An 6 foot power cord with an attached On/Off switch plugs into a 240 volt standard receptacle (Plug depends on country - contact factory for details)
- One Bypass Collection Box to be mounted to the kiln or on the kiln stand, with mounting hardware
- One length of flexible aluminum ducting (expands to 15 feet) with two hose clamps
- One 4” diameter 90 degree elbow (for outside the building)
NOTE: Vents made by manufacturers other than L&L may not be listed to UL499 standards if used with an L&L kiln. The same is true in reverse - the L&L Vent-Sure is listed to UL499 standards only with L&L listed kilns. If you have any question please contact the manufacturer of your non-L&L vent system.